Hey guys, hope you’re all well and hanging in there a bit more. To help with that, I’ve tried a pretty fun and delicious recipe – the mighty pretzel dog.
Now this recipe makes about 8 dogs but you can double it easily if you want more.
250g white flour
5g instant dried yeast
200g lukewarm water
20g olive oil
8 sausage dogs
Decor: salt flakes, sesame seeds, poppy seeds etc.
1 beaten egg for brushing
- Mix the flour, water, oil, salt and yeast together and knead it into a smooth dough. Rise for two hours in an oiled bowl, covered.
- Roll the dough onto o clean work surface. Try rolling it into a squared or rectangle shape, it will be easier to cut.
- Divide (cut) it into 8 long dough stripes.
- Roll each dough piece around the sausage until it is well covered.
- Place the dough covered dogs into a baking tray and brush them with the egg wash. Sprinkle some seeds or salt flakes over them.
- Bake them into the preheated oven at 180C for 30 minutes or until they’re golden brown and a bit fluffed.
Enjoy them with a nice yoghurt or some hot mustard. And do let me know if you’ve tried it.