It’s that time of the year again and with it, we cannot possibly skip a good gingerbread cookie batch. Let’s dig in!
180g melted butter
160g brown sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp allspice
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp salt
- Melt butter and add molasses, the brown sugar, the salt and the spices (allspice + cinnamon).
- Transfer mixture to a standing mixer or a bowl and beat in the egg.
- Slowly incorporate the flour and knead until everything is mixed together.
- Wrap the dough into plastic and place it in the fridge for at least one hour.
- Roll the dough (carefully because it is really crumbly) and using your favourite cookie cutters cut out the little beauties.
- Bake them at 180C for about 10 mins.
- Optional step: Decorate with icing. (Powdered sugar + a splash of milk).
Enjoy these beauties with hot cocoa or a warm latte. They are simply divine!