One of the most decadent desserts I’ve ever made, and one of the easiest also. This Chocolate roll is like a summertime blast in your mouth, even if outside is snowing like crazy.
Easy to get ingredients, easy to handle instructions, what more can you get? The perfect midweek solution for any sweet tooth craving. Here goes:
4 Servings (generous)
60g Flour (All Purpose)
20g Cocoa (Dutch Processed)
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
80g Caster Sugar
300g Mascarpone Cheese
250g Melted chocolate (Nutella works too)
250g Raspberries (Fresh or Defrosted)
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees C.
- Separate the egg yolks from the egg whites.
- Beat the egg yolks with 40g caster sugar and with the vanilla extract until it looks pale and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites with 40g sugar until firm peaks form. And slowly, combine the two egg mixtures in a single bowl. Be careful when mixing, use slow, large moves with the spatula.
- Add the cocoa and the flour, mixing slowly until fully combined.
- Cover a large oven tray with baking parchment and lay the cake mixture on all its surface. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Take the cake sheet out onto a clean tea towel, covered in powdered sugar and roll it whilst still hot. Leave in rolled in the towel until it cools down
- In a bowl, combine the mascarpone cheese and the chocolate cream and mix well until fully combined.
- Unroll the cake sheet and spread the chocolate mixture all over it. Add the raspberries and roll again. Cover it in plastic wrap and chill it for at least 4 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!