What can be better on a hot summer afternoon than a nice and easy chicken stir fry?
It’s quick, delicious and very easy to make even if you’re not very handy in the kitchen.
Making the best chicken stir fry
1 boneless, skinless chicken breast (about 400g)
1 medium carrot
1 mid-small zucchini
1 cup chopped mushrooms
1 bell pepper
1 cup beans
1/4 cup peas
2-3 cloves garlic
1 tsp fresh ginger – shredded
Marinade: 1tsp sesame oil, 1 tsp cornstarch, 1 tbsp oyster sauce, 2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp cooking oil
For the wok: 2-3 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tbsp oyster sauce.
- Cut the chicken breast into cubes.
- Add the crushed garlic, ginger, cornstarch and sauces over it and let it marinade for min. 1 hr.
- Prep the veggies. Chop them into desired shapes and sizes. The smaller, the better.
- In a hot wok add 1 tbsp cooking oil.
- Add the chicken mixture with the marinade. Fry well for 1-2 minutes. Take it out.
- Add another tbsp cooking oil and add the veggies. Stir them well for a couple of minutes until they reach the desired consistency.
- Add the chicken and stir them all together for a couple of more minutes. Add more soy and oyster sauce.
- Serve them hot with noodles or cooked rice.
- You can replace the veggies in the recipe with any other veggies you like. This recipe is extremely versatile like that.
- Also the meat can be replaced with lean pork or beef. Just be careful they may take a bit longer to cook than chicken.
- You can add more or less sauces if you wish so. This recipe works best if you spice it up to your taste.