Summer’s getting much more closer now and with it our markets are bursting with fresh, delicious veggies. If you’re searching for a quick, weeknight recipe, stop right here, you’ve found it. This oven baked pork tenderloin is moist and rich in flavour. The summer garden salad will accompany it deliciously and will give it a crisp, healthy touch.
The pork tenderloin is an extremely delicate cut of meat. It has no fat and it cooks beautifully. Find it at your local butcher’s and ask for its quality – always strive for a higher quality cut.
Pork tenderloin with garden salad
300g pork tenderloin
Spices: salt, pepper, paprika, oregano, thyme
A handful of lettuce
1 or two juicy tomatoes
1 medium boiled potato
1 spring onion
5-6 green olives
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Heat up a good searing pan. (cast iron or any other pan that can go into the oven)
- Rub the spices on the meat thoroughly.
- Drizzle some olive oil into the hot pan and place the meat inside. Sear it on each side for aprox 2 minutes/side.
- Once it’s seared, transfer the pan into a preheated oven at 180C for about 20 minutes. Flip it over halfway through.
- Meanwhile, chop and place together the veggies for the salad into a nice bowl. Fix it with olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper.
- Take the meat out and place it onto a chopping board. Cover it with a bowl or a tray. It needs to be covered for aprox. 10 minutes before we slice it.
Slice the pork tenderloin like so ( see the featured pic) and share it with your dinner companion. This recipes makes enough for two light eaters. Adjust it according to your needs.