It has been over two months since we’ve been self isolated in our homes and everyone’s been coping in the best way that they could. For me, it was cooking and baking – my delicious new passion.
Having this in mind, I’ve created the absolute best bread I could ever make at home. It has a crunchy crust and fluffy crumb and it’s more delicious than any store-bought loaf.
15 minutes + 2 hrs proofing
We ain’t counting those
500g strong white bread flour
400g lukewarm tap water
10g instant dry yeast
- Mix all ingredients together until the dough is combined.
- Knead carefully (it’s very sticky) by hand or with a stand mixer for aprox. 10 minutes.
- Transfer the dough into an oiled bowl and cover it with a cling film. Proof for aprox 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven at 250C with a dutch oven inside.
- After it’s risen and fluffy take it out on a floured surface and form a dough ball, making sure it is round and tight.
- Put the dough ball into the dutch oven and bake with the lid on for 20 mins at 250C.
- After the 20 min, take out the lid and bake for another 20 min, lowering the temperature to 230C.
Let her cool for a bit and then enjoy it with a blob of lightly salted butter. Heaven!