Long time no food posts. I am terribly sorry about that, but for the past few months I had other “buns” cooking and that kept me pretty busy. But no matter, no matter, I came back with a delish new recipe that will take your sandwich game to the next possible level.
These fluffy bread buns can be used with basically anything. For sandwiches, pulled pork, burgers, can be eaten as they are just with butter. Omg, YUM!
Let’s dig in.
2 hours and 15 min
aprox. 100 each
500g strong white bread flour
300g lukewarm water
7g instant dried yeast
25g olive oil
- In a standing mixer, add all ingredients and knead for aprox. 10 minutes.
*If you don’t have a standing mixer, just knead by hand until the dough is well formed and neat (10-15min).
- Proof the dough in an oiled bowl for one hour.
- Take it out of the bowl and knead it a bit more. Form a long log-like shape. Cut the dough into 8 pieces (they should weigh about 100g each).
- Form the dough balls by rolling them gently on the working surface.
- Place the balls on an oiled baking tray and sprinkle some flour on top of them. Cover them with a tea towel and let them rise for another hour.
- Preheat the oven at 180C and bake them for 16 minutes.